We are happy to walk you through the entire process of signing up with US Global Mail.
1. Firstly, we recommend visiting our Addresses page so you can choose your preferred location:
We offer locations in many other states also. Please type your preferred location in the text box that looks like this to see the available one:
Click "Select Address" to go with that option:
2) The next step is to pick a plan depending on what location you wish to choose.
a) For HOUSTON, TX:
If you want a plan for one or more individuals you can choose between the Basic or Plus plan.
Click "Start Basic plan" or "Start Plus plan".
If you need a Business plan simply hover the mouse over the "Business" tab:
Then click "Start Business plan":
b) For CONCORD, CA:
If you want a plan for one or more individuals you can choose between the Starter or Standard plan.
If you'd like the Business plan, choose the third option:
3. Set up your account by filling in your personal information.
4. Enter your billing information
We must have a credit card on file for the plan payments. You are welcome to change the plan type at this point if you wish.
- If you have a promo code enter it here:
- If you have the username of the referrer (another US Global Mail customer) then you can enter it here. You and your referrer will get one free month upon activation:
Complete the rest of the form:
5. Once you click "Complete Registration" you will then be issued a mailbox!
This is an example of the screen if you selected Houston, TX:
This is an example of the Houston, TX, location address:
6. If you need to forward mail from an existing US address to our address with us, click on the blue link per the image above. That will take you to the USPS website and to the Change of Address page.
7. If you want to complete the sign-up process click on the blue "Go to my Smart Mailbox" button.
8. Verify name(s) on the account by uploading two photo IDs per person
Once the credit card is active on your account, you will then need to upload two forms of ID for each name on the account.
Please read the following guide on how to add a name and what IDs are required. This link will open in a new tab.
9. We will approve each name and set of IDs on the account
The names and IDs will be sent to an approval queue and we will approve them. Once approved, you will receive a notification email stating this.
10. Your account is now activated for non-USPS mail
If you have not opted for a future start, your account is now active and will be charged the amount of your chosen plan from step 1. You can begin to receive mail from non-USPS shipping carriers (such as FedEx, DHL and UPS).
11. If you want to receive USPS delivered mail, complete and have the pre-filled 1583 form notarized
To receive mail delivered by USPS, the USPS require you to provide a notarized 1583 form. Each individual over 18 requires one form per person. For married couples, you can both be in the same form. For minors (those under 18 years old), they can be on the same form as their parents.
To make it easier for you, we have created a pre-filled form that you can download directly from your account.
To have it notarized, you can use your own or choose to use our notary via Skype for a fee of $10 per form.
For more information about how to complete the 1583 form, please see the following guide.
Once the notarization is complete, you will need to upload the form into your account.
Please note: our system is currently only able to receive one 1583 form. If you have multiple 1583 forms for the different names on your account, please attach the additional forms to an email to us at email@example.com and we will upload it to your account for you.
12. Your account is now complete!
That's it! If all documentation is added and your credit card has been verified, you are all set to begin using US Global Mail!
If you have mail in your Inbox, you now have a few ways to proceed:
- Create a scan request to see the contents of a letter. See this Letter Scanning guide for more information.
- Request an Open & Inspect service to see the contents of a package. See this article for more information.
- Place what's called a Shipment Request if you are ready to have your items shipped to a specific location. See the Placing a Shipment Request article for more information.