We are happy to walk you through the entire process of signing up with US Global Mail.
1. Firstly, we recommend visiting our Addresses page so you can choose your preferred location:
We offer locations in many other states also. Please type your preferred location in the text box that looks like this to see the available one:
Click "Select Address" to go with that option:
2) The next step is to pick a plan depending on what location you wish to choose.
a) For any non-California location:
If you want a plan for one or more individuals you can choose between the Basic or Plus plan.
Click "Start Basic plan" or "Start Plus plan".
If you need a Business plan simply hover the mouse over the "Business" tab:
Then click "Start Business plan":
b) For CONCORD, CA:
If you want a plan for one or more individuals you can choose between the Starter or Standard plan.
If you'd like the Business plan, choose the third option:
3. Set up your account by filling in your personal information.
4. Enter your billing information
We must have a credit card on file for the plan payments. You are welcome to change the plan type at this point if you wish.
- If you have a promo code enter it here:
- If you have the username of the referrer (another US Global Mail customer) then you can enter it here. You and your referrer will get one free month upon activation:
Complete the rest of the form:
5. Once you click "Complete Registration" you will then be issued a mailbox!
This is an example of the screen if you selected Houston, TX:
This is an example of the Houston, TX, location address:
6. If you need to forward mail from an existing US address to our address with us, click on the blue link per the image above. That will take you to the USPS website and to the Change of Address page.
7. If you want to complete the sign-up process click on the blue "Go to my Smart Mailbox" button.
8. Verify name(s) on the account by uploading two photo IDs per person
The next step is upload two forms of ID for each name on the account (except for minors who only need one ID)..
9. We will approve each name and set of IDs on the account
The names and IDs will be sent to an approval queue and we will approve them. Once approved, you will receive a notification email stating this.
10. Get the pre-filled 1583 form notarized.
To receive mail delivered by USPS, the USPS require you to provide a notarized 1583 form. Each individual over 18 requires one form per person. For married couples, you can both be in the same form. For minors (those under 18 years old), they can be on the same form as their parents.
To make it easier for you, we have created a pre-filled form that you can download directly from your account.
To have it notarized you can go to your bank or local notary, or choose to use our notary via Zoom for a fee of $15 per appointment (we can complete multiple forms during the one call).
Simply click the orange “Continue” button until you see these options:
10a. Use our in-house notary
Select the first “Get Started” option to set up an appointment:
During the appointment, we’ll need to see your physical IDs and shall guide you on signing the form digitally. After the appointment, we’ll fully approve the name on the account.
10b. Use your own local notary
Select the second “Get Started” option:
Once the notarization is complete, you will need to upload the form into your account.
11. Your account is now complete!
That's it! If all documentation is added and your credit card has been verified, you are all set to begin using US Global Mail!
If you have mail in your Inbox, you now have a few ways to proceed:
- Create a scan request to see the contents of a letter. See this Letter Scanning guide for more information.
- Request an Open & Inspect service to see the contents of a package. See this article for more information.
- Place what's called a Shipment Request if you are ready to have your items shipped to a specific location. See the Placing a Shipment Request article for more information.